Today I will try to explain how to remove and replace the broken keyboard in Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop.
CAUTION: Before you begin any of the following procedures, turn off the laptop , unplug the power adapter and remove the battery. Note that computer parts are very sensitive to static electricity so ground yourself before touching anything inside you computer by using grounding strap or touch a metal faucet pipe.
Removing the keyboard.
- Open the display at a 180 degrees angle so that it lies flat against your work surface.
- Pulling up from right to left, gently remove the hinge cover.
- Remove the two screws at the top of the keyboard.
- Lift up the keyboard but be careful because the keyboard is attached to the motherboard with a flat ribbon cable which can be easily damaged.
- Disconnect the keyboard cable and remove the keyboard. To disconnect the keyboard cable, lift the connector latch and slide the keyboard cable out of the keyboard connector on the system board.
Replacing the keyboard.